Friday, September 9, 2011

Mind Power

Imagine a life where you could know what others are thinking before they speak. Predict there reaction before they act or even sense something that’s about to happen. I guess you could call it a sixth sense. By having this super power I could not only excel in sports but also eliminate many unfortunate events. For example, it’s the game point of a volleyball game and the other team has the ball. My job is to successfully stop the ball from making it over the net, yet I’m not aware of where the setter is going to set the ball to. So, by utilizing this power I could predict where the setter plans to pass the ball and I could move in the right direction to earn that game point for my team. This would not only benefit me but also my peers who are watching the game and cheering on their own home team. Although, it would be nice to help my fellow students and locals, I could aid many around the world as well and especially those who have been hurt or killed by unexpected happenings. Hearing stories about minor accidents that could have been avoided if that individual would have moved over 2 steps or known that the area they were in was unsafe breaks everyone’s heart, such as, being hit by a falling tree, being hit by lightening, or going down an abandoned street. With this power, I could be aware of something or someone lurking in the dark alley which could save my life and save me from being injured. Even though this power would mostly help those who could be in danger, it would also bring joy to others and I from just getting the game winning point in a thrilling volleyball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment